Soooo, my LA to the Bay Contiki tour was fun.
Contiki’s LA to the Bay tour =
LA > San Diego > Scotsdale > Vegas > San Francisco Bay
STA Travel booked me on the trip to see what I thought – those thoughts are currently being processed. For now, I wanted to just show off some photos with a quick run down of 42 awesome experiences you can expect to enjoy on an LA to the Bay tour, just y’know, for future reference.
Of course, the Thanksgiving related points would depend on the time of the year, but there’s always something to celebrate, right?
LA to the Bay Tour with
Contiki + STA Travel
1. Walk over Bob Hope, and Mary Kate and Ashley, and Christina Aguilera et al at the Hollywood Walk of Stars.
2. Share a fishbowl on Fremont Street under the Slotzilla zipline in Vegas.
3. See the Hollywood sign.
4. Take a pic of the end of Route 66 on Santa Monica Pier.
5. And another actually on Route 66 in Seligman, AZ.
6. Get married in Elvis’ church in Vegas.
7. Meet a different Elvis at the Vegas sign.
8. And then see him packing up his car, like a real person.
9. Drink Grand Canyon beer at the Grand Canyon, like a bad ass.
10. Enjoy someone else driving, while you admire the world from California, to Arizona, to Nevada and back again.
11. Climb down to the Grand Canyon, and out again. Kind of.
12. Drink beers and rum at the rim with your NBFs from Oz, Canada & New Zealand.
13. See the biggest Christmas baubles ever at Macy’s in Vegas.
14. Watch the sun set over the Golden Gate Bridge on a catamaran in San Fran.
15. See the cool street art on on Windward Ave, Venice Beach, CA.
16. Eat a Chipotle burrito with a view, in Sedona.
17. Chill your wine on Coronado Island, San Diego.
18. Take ‘that’ photo at the Vegas sign. Good luck with the lighting.
19. Pose for epic photos at the Grand Canyon.
20. See the Hoover Dam*
*not my photo – thanks bechtel.com
21. Watch what is possibly the worst drag queen ever at The Stud in Castro, San Francisco.
22. See a gay zebra crossing.
23.Watch the sun rise over the Grand Canyon.
24. Cycle round Yosemite National Park.
25. Eat your first Thanksgiving dinner.
26. With butternut squash with marshmallows on top as a side.
27. See downtown San Diego by speedboat
28. Get looked after every day by your tour leader, hopefully Kiran.
29. Go on the highest observation wheel in the world, in Vegas!
30. See and hear the seals going crazy on Pier 39 in San Francisco.
31. Buy gin for crazy cheap at Walmart.
32. Ride the mechanical bull in San Diego.
33. Stay at an incredible chalet in Bass Lake.
34. See OTT gone OTT in Vegas.
35. Gamble in Vegas.
36. Go nuts in Macy’s in San Diego.
37. Eat hot dogs as part of a ‘cultural experience’.
38. And a Double-Double at In n Out Burger.
39. See a Christmas Tree in the Sedona desert.
40. Take a helicopter over the Grand Canyon.
41. See the crazy Christmas decorations at the New York New York Hotel in Vegas.
42. Cruise round Sedona in a jeep with a real life cowboy at the helm.
43. Go from this, to this, after a night in Vegas.
Safe to say it was an awesome 11 nights, I’d recommend to anyone looking to explore the USA but not wanting the hassle of travelling solo.
Booking deets: this all happened on the LA to the Bay tour, which can be booked with STA Travel here.
– I received a complimentary place on the trip in return for a review.