I do like cooking, I just like doing it in about five minutes flat and using as few utensils and pots and pans as possible. I don’t want to give the time to creating epic meal times when it’s just me and I’d rather be working. Yes, I’d rather blog than cook anything.
Last month I made my own dinners, mainly because of money and health, but also because that’s what normal people do. As a digital nomad I eat out ALL the time. In fact, I did a four-day run of only eating what I made and it was the longest I’d gone without eating out in two years.
I’m not exaggerating.
So, with my month in London and the comfort of my own kitchen at an end. I thought I’d share two of my favourite dishes, invented or perhaps more descriptively ‘twisted’ by me. All the following should take no more than five mins to prep, five mins to cook, five mins to eat and two mins to clean up, MAX.
– Post in collaboration with Baxters
At the start of August Baxters sent me a picnic hamper full of their Deli Toppers range, which was a dream. Had to go and buy extra jars for the purpose of showing them off, seeing as I scoffed the Red Slaw and the Jalapeños within a week.
I love anything pickled – from herring to gherkins to actual pickle – so I was more than happy to add the ingredients to my cooking to give a few ideas on how to use them.
Healthy Creamy Chicken Butterdles
– Butternut squash noodles
– Chopped chicken
– Baxters Spicy Slaw Deli Topper
– Total yogurt
Amounts by eye.
- Start cooking the meat as per packet instructions.
- Cook the butternut squash noodles as per packet instructions.
- Add the noodles to the chicken for a final minute to pick up the flavour.
- Tear the spinach and add in too.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Either fold in the Spicy Slaw or pile on top to use as you like. Or both.
Easy Super Iron Man Dinner
– Baxters Red Onion Deli Topper
– Thin, lean steak
Amounts by eye.
- Cook the couscous to packet instructions.
- Fry the steak in a pan to taste. Add the spinach on top for a minute to steam and soak up the flavours.
- Serve with Baxters Red Onion to taste.
You might want to bring the jar to the table too, apparently the amount of onion above wasn’t enough for my dad. Too tasty.
I love the Deli Toppers. So versatile, so healthy (only around 75 cals a jar-ish!) and they make any meal I make taste better, simply. They’re available at most supermarkets, nationwide. Currently £1 each at Sainsburys, but usually around £1.50. They’re addictive!