One week till Tromso, woohoo! I’m off to Norway in search of the Northern Lights on Thursday next week and because I’m staying in London before, I’m packing now.
It’s going to be COLD. Just Googled it and it looks like it’s going to be -3C to 0C so seeing as I’ve been wearing my big dressing gown and a hat round the house this last week and it’s been 8C, I need to layer up.
Scroll down to win, or just carry on reading!
We’ve planned snowmobiling, an Aurora Borealis midnight bus hunt and I want to fit in some skiing too. It looks like there’s loads to do around the town of Tromso so we’ve left a bit of time for that too. Super excited. I’m going with my bro and we’re staying at the fancy Viking Apartments – can’t wait to see some snow!
I’m not going to ruin the trip by being cold so it’s time to bring out all that ski stuff from under my bed. I don’t want to pack too much but then I don’t want to be cold either. There’s that fine line I need to balance myself on.
- Ski trousers
- Thermal trousers
- Thermal long sleeved top
- Ski socks (x2, some for my bro)
- Walking boots
- Christmas onesie
- Hooded fleece from gapyearstore.com
- Ski Gloves
- Ski jacket
A worldwide plug adaptor kit (£9.99), a water-to-go 50cl water filter bottle (£12.99), a travel towel by Trespass (£9.99), a neon head torch (£7.99) and a travel clothes line (£3.99), all from gapyeartravelstore.com.
AND the almighty Osprey Meridian 75 Wheeled Travel Backpack (£220) to put it all in!
All you need to do is leave a comment below with your number one tip for packing for the cold and you’ve entered. Feel free to share for more entries…
Normal clothes, beauty and all that
- Shirt – new purchase, need to take
- T-shirt – “I just want to drink coffee and create stuff” – love this tee!
- Dress for best – got two, don’t take up much space
- Nice boots – just bought some beauts from New Look
- Sparkly top – it will be December, after all
- Shampoo – just dyed my hair so I got the purple stuff
- Conditioner – same
- Make up – might need to look nice, never know
- Perfume – easy way to feel / smell nice
- Cleanser and moisturiser – that winter chill will be harsh on the old face
- Tights – must. keep. warm.
- Swimmers – you never know when a sauna opportunity might arise
You might not need all this, but as a blogger I need to be able to film and photograph the experience as best as I can.
- Head strap
- Attachments for GoPro
- Selfie stick
- Olympus Pen EPL7 camera
- Spare battery
- Microphone and lead
- Flash for the camera
- External hard drive
- Back up phone charger
- All the chargers and all the cables
And I’ll be taking it all in my new Osprey bag from the gapyeartravelstore.com (remember you can win one above!) very excited to use that for the first time. It goes on wheels and you can put it on your back too, best of both worlds.
I can’t wait for the trip, feels like I’ve had a good amount of time at home to gear up for this and packing has got me super excited.
Norge her kommer jeg!
(Norway here I come!)