For this #TuesTop10 I decided to collect together some of my favourite female singers. I have a real thing for a raspy voice that sounds a bit raw as it pushes through and out.
Out of this playlist I’ve only seen Florence + The Machine and Esben + The Witch, but both were incredible. They both gave me real wow moments where I was genuinely infatuated by their talent and voices.
Alabama Shakes are a new one for me, but I’m loving their work and so decided to include them. Amy’s always a winner, and Adele, wow. Even though she’s totally overplayed it’s with good reason. I heard that one in six households in England own her album – that’s pretty amazing. I’ve even met her before and she was so lovely and funny, makes me like her even more.
And you’ve gotta love a bit of Bonnie Tyler, surely?
Hope you like it!
- Alabama Shakes – I Found You
- Florence + The Machine – Only If For The Night
- Esben + The Witch – Eumenides
- Amy Winehouse – Back to Black
- Foxes – Youth
- Gabrielle Wortman – Ghost
- Joss Stone – Tell Me What We’re Gonna Do Now
- Adele – Someone Like You
- Dusty Springfield – You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me
- Bonnie Tyler – Holding Out For a Hero