In this Headout review you’ll find everything you need to know about this tour booking engine, and why you should check it out for your next city adventure.
I wanted to write a detailed Headout Review to help you decide whether to book with the Headout tour company. One of the best ways to travel deeper, to learn more and to learn about a destination is to experience it at the same time, with someone who knows what they’re talking about.
Taking a tour in a new destination, or even one you’ve visited before, just helps you to get a better understanding and so deepen and strengthen your experience. You might not have the patience or money for a longer tour, so day tours are where it’s at.
It can be difficult when you’re travelling to know which tours are any good – obviously it’s easier these days, thanks to bloggers and review sites, but still, more information is power!
I’ve tested out Headout so I can review it for you, and introduce you to the range of tours they have on offer.
What is Headout?
Headout is an online booking engine for theatre tickets, tours, activities and attractions in some of the biggest cities around the world. They want to help you be more spontaneous and fun by booking tours, activities and attractions on the fly.
“At Headout, we want to help you rediscover the joy of traveling by bringing the best tours, activities and attractions in your destination right to your mobile device. So ditch the tour guide and the lousy brochure and Headout. We give you the freedom to be spontaneous, because the best holiday memories always are!”– HEADOUT
With Headout you can book over 3000 experiences in over 60 cities like New York, Las Vegas, Rome, Paris, London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Dubai, and more. Many of the world’s top attractions, landmarks and things to do are covered, as well as awesome day trips, water activities, wellness experiences and classes.
You can download the Headout app, and they’ve served over 5 million customers too, with a TrustPilot score of 4.4/5. There’s a Live Chat to help you out, and a great customer service (which I’ve experienced) too.
What are Headout’s COVID measures?
It’s 2021, things can change any day. So, it’s important to include the COVID measures in this Headout review.
You’ll be pleased to know that Headout launched ‘Safe Experiences’ during this COVID crisis. Any experience with the ‘Safe Experiences’ badge has been verified to follow the best safety standards as per the WHO guidelines.
On these experiences:
- Everyone wears masks
- There are temperature checks in place
- Handwash and sanitation stations are available throughout
- The staff are especially trained
- Social distancing guidelines are followed
- There’s contactless entry
If you do get COVID, or get pinged, there will be support to help you move or cancel your experience.
I originally booked two tickets for my friend and I to see Pretty Woman, but, after my boyfriend got COVID I needed to cancel with just two days notice. The staff at Headout were super helpful and reassuring, and with proof of our NHS email of a positive test, we could reschedule the Pretty Woman adventure for another time.
Headout review: How to use Headout
Here’s a step by step guide to using Headout to book your tours and experiences.
1. Click on the city of your choice on the Headout cities page. Headout will display the top experiences, the top attractions and the most in demand tickets for you, for inspiration. There will also be the top tours, transportation, food and drink, day trips and entertainment.
2. See something you like? You can see the price and the review score on this first page, which is really helpful Check it’s available (it’ll say unavailable in grey below if not) and click on it to learn more about the experience.
3. On this page you’ll see the dates that it’s available, the 100% best price guarantee, exactly where it is, and you’ll be able to read those all important Headout reviews left by past customers. If you click the dropdown menus this is also where you’ll learn more about the meeting arrangements, how to get your ticket, the dress code, what to know before you go, and that all important cancellation policy. You can also learn about the highlights and inclusions – basically, everything you could ever need to know!
4. Like what you see? Enter your dates and click ‘Book Now’. Depending on the Headout experience you’ve chosen, some more options may appear. Click the options to suit you and you’ll go to the booking page to enter your details and payment info (all credit cards accepted).
5. DONE! Take special note of any numbers, timings, locations and make sure you turn up on time. Enjoy yourself!
Why use Headout for your tours?
- Trusted platform used by 100K+ people, each month
- Get the lowest prices and last minute availability
- Discover and connect with 10,000+ experiences
- Browse verified reviews and professional photographs
- Have a question? Live chat with our experts 24/7
Tour inspiration for London with Headout
If you’re visiting London and want to book a Headout experience, here’s what I’d recommend (after 7 years of living there!):
- Tower of London Tickets with Crown Jewels
- The London City Pass
- Harry Potter Film Locations Tour in London
Tour inspiration for Barcelona with Headout
My brother used to live in Barcelona, I know the city well. Here’s what I’d recommend you do for fun in Barcelona:
Discounts and cashback with Headout
As you’ll see as you navigate the Headout site, they offer all kinds of special discounts to help you out. They also have the Headout cashback scheme where you can sign up to get cashback on whichever tours you book, and then use the money at a later date on site.
If I booked this trip on the Flying Cup in Dubai I’d get 15 AED discount, and then another 3.25 AED in cashback – it all adds up to save you and us money in the long run.
Is Headout legit?
Yep, Headout is a proper company offering tours with lots of happy customers. You can see from the reviews and TrustPilot score that people who book their tours through Headout are pleased with the service and process.
You can confidently book your tours, trips and experiences through Headout.
Top tips for using Headout
- If you haven’t already, once you’ve booked download the app to have easy access to the meet up information on the day.
- Always book the ‘Skip the Line’ tickets to really make the most of your day.
- Sign up for the cashback account to get money back on what you spend.
- Double check the cancellation policy so you know the terms and conditions.
- Note that from July 21st, some attractions will require all visitors over 11 to present an EU COVID Certificate.
- Check the tour inclusions before you leave so you know what you’re entitled to, and what you’re not.
- Always read the reviews for insider tips.
- If you’re not quite ready to commit to a tour, sign up for an account and click ‘save’ on the tours and experiences that interest you. That way they’ll be stored ready for you to access later if you do have the time or inclination. These will also be stored on your app.
With instant booking, skip the line access, no need to print tickets and each city featured having a great hub of information to mine, Headout makes it easier to see the best of over 60 cities around the world. I’ve really appreciated the excellent customer service on my trip to London, and have been totally inspired to see more of the city using Headout – when the time is right!
Friday 22nd of April 2022
Well Vicki I would say that you are in pretty thick with this company. I purchased tickets from them for an upcoming trip and my first email from them was a confirmation, the second email was telling me that I would have my tickets within two hours. The third email was telling me that I wouldn't have my tickets until 7 days before my tour via email. Who knows if I will even have internet access. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and while doing so I have read that they have pulled this on a number of people. Shame on you for giving misleading people. Your stained just as they are.
Wednesday 20th of April 2022
I don't agree with your assessment that Headout is easy to book and great customer service.
I will never book with this company ever again. Too difficult to work with. Took my money and kept it. I had 3 tickets for Pisa but the night before our cruiseship had to divert due to bad weather. I cancelled asap. Headout offered credit which I accepted and then could not use. Its website does not allow for a credit purchase when I tried for Athens tickets a week later and its chat line would not make the application for me. No answer to my emails, either. I was on its chat line 3X for over 30 minutes each time and told "use the credit next time you are in Europe" which may be 3-4 years from now. I tried and tried to work with the company to use the credit and now that I am home, the money should be refunded. The company allows for refunds for "unforeseen circumstances" No money. I had to dispute on my credit card.
Oh, I had booked something with them prior to leaving and the company cancelled on me with no good reason while I was at sea. I had to scramble for a replacement. I want a tour-providing company that is reliable.