I think ‘Caribbean’ and I think ‘expennn-sive’, but a week in St Kitts could be less than you thought. There are plenty of deals about where you can get your accommodation and flight together, with a meal plan too, and end up saving quite a bit.
You can go to St Kitts in September and stay at the Timothy Beach Resort, like I did, for £579 for the week from London right now – Check out the BA sale (now, because prices are going up, currently £609).
Here’s the breakdown of how much my incredible week in St Kitts would cost you if you were to do the same, without a deal.
Transport and hotel
– Flight from London Gatwick = £500ish
– Transfer = $20 | £14 round trip, or your hotel may do it for free
– 3 nights at Ocean Terrace Inn = $200 | £140 per night, per room = £420
– 4 nights at Timothy Beach = $130 | £90 per night, per room = £360
Total for 2, £1808 / £904 each – or see the deal above to save loads!
Both hotels offer breakfast with some of their rooms, so that’s sorted. Here’s an idea of prices for the best food on the rest of the island.
– Conch ceviche starter with mahi mahi and coconut dumplings main at Arthur’s Restaurant by Golden Lemon Inn = $36 |£25
– Burger at Salt Plage = $20 | £14
– Wahoo bagel breakfast at Gallery Café = $12 | £8.30
– Reggae salad at Reggae Grill = $17 | £11.77
– Lobster and prawns at Sprat Net Bar = $40 | £28
– Tropical fruit and pastry platter followed by fish lunch at Ottley’s Plantation Inn = $36 | £25
– Veggie lunch at Ital Creations at Fari Organic Farm = $10 | £7
– Mussels, wahoo fish and chocolate cake at Spice Mill = $60 | £41.55
– Sushi at Ballahoo Restaurant = $10 | £7
– Red Snapper lunch at Boozie’s Beach Bar = $17 | £11.77
Total for me for a week = £167.62 | x 2 = £335.24
Cocktails were roughly = $10-15
Beers were anything from = $1-4
A bottle of wine was around = $24
Water you can drink from the tap = oo yeah!
Total = depends how much of each you drink.
– Brimstone Hill Fortress = free!
– Jet Skiing on Reggae Beach = $60 for 30 mins
– Catamaran cruise with Blue Water Safaris = from $50
– Rainforest hike with O’Neil = $60 for the morning
– Sky Safari Zip Line tour = from $95
– Scenic Railway trip = $79
– Horse riding with Trinity Inn Stables = from $50
Total for me = $394 | £275, so for two, £550
Total price for the trip, for 2
Transport and hotel = £1808
Food = £335
Drink = depends!
Activities = £550
TOTAL = £2693 / or £1346 each
Save money by keeping an eye on the sales, or going for two weeks.
The rest of the Caribbean is just a boat ride away if you fancy a day trip!
Check out the BA Sale for the deals
I was in St Kitts as an ambassador for the island, and so received the entire trip complimentary. You know me though, I’m honest in my opinions and would definitely recommend St Kitts for a holiday for all types of people.
– All prices subject to change