It’s festival season! Time to watch your favourite bands, hang out with friends, and have an insane amount of fun all while showing off the latest fashion and coolest make up for festivals. But, aside from navigating those infamous portable loos, one thing us girls have to deal with is finding makeup that will last for the long days of fun.
[red_banner_box box_image=”https://vickyflipfloptravels.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Untitled-design-3.jpg” box_bg_color=”#fff” box_text_color=”#000″ padding_sides=”20″ padding_top_bottom=”20″ content_align=”left” headline=”BY ALEXANDRA JIMENEZ” button=”TravelFashionGirl.com” url=”http://travelfashiongirl.com/packing-list/” onclick=”return TrackClick(‘http%3A%2F%2Ftravelfashiongirl.com%2Fpacking-list%2F’,’Travel+Fashion+Girl’)”][/red_banner_box]
– [Because I don’t know anything about make up! – Vicky]
Since regular makeup just won’t hold up through the day and into the night, here’s a list of some great weatherproof options that will last through every single festival.
(Tip: you can also use these items to travel in humid destinations, too!)
1. Waterproof eyeliner
Great for summer and winter festivals, a good waterproof eyeliner will last through both the rain and snow, as well as our number one enemy – humidity. Eyeliner is also an easy way to add a little glamour to your face without needing to bring an arsenal of products to the festival.
If the idea of wearing any type of face makeup (foundation, powder, etc…) in the middle of summer makes you shudder CC Cream is here to save the day. This Clinique cream is not only great as a base and will stay on all day, but it also helps protect against the sun’s harsh rays with an SPF of 30.
Tip: add additional sunblock on top for maximum protection.
3. Bronzer and blush
No matter the time of year, a little blush and bronzer can go a long way to help you complete that fresh, dewy look, especially when you’re dancing late into the night. It adds a touch of warmth to your face, helping you to look like you’ve had a full night’s rest.
A must have for any type of look, primer helps to keep everything in place if you want to wear foundation and eyeshadow during the festival. It also creates a smoothing effect for a flawless finish for the photos.
5. Cream shadow
If you don’t have eyeliner or can’t find one in the colour you like, then you’ll want to opt for a cream shadow. Choose a bright purple or green for a fun, festival look that will wow in every picture or stick to a classic colour that can double as eye and brow liner, too.
Make up hacks for festivals
I know you’ll want to keep your makeup with you for quick touchups between selfies, so here are a few helpful makeup hacks that will help keep your purse light.
- Use small travel containers: Since foundations and other beauty products tend to come in large glass bottles, you’ll want to ditch those and instead transfer them to small travel containers. You’ll save space and make it easy for a quick touch up or two.
- Use an eyeliner as an eyeshadow: Not only can you use eyeshadow as an eyeliner, but you can use an eyeliner as eyeshadow. Just apply and smudge until you get the coverage you want. This trick works best with creamy liners.
- Pack dual sided makeup brushes: Instead of packing six different brushes, just pack two or three dual sided ones. These are not only easy to use, but will save you some space as well.
- Use a makeup stick: Great for lips, cheeks and eyes, makeup sticks by Nars are great when you want to pack light and are in a hurry. These multi-use sticks give your complexion a golden glow perfect for any festival.
About the author
[red_box box_bg_color=”#ededb6″ box_text_color=”#000″ content_width=”1140px” padding_sides=”30″ padding_top_bottom=”10″ content_align=”center” ] Alexandra Jimenez teaches women how to pack light in a stylish, efficient way with Travel Fashion Girl’s carryon packing list guides. Originally from LA, she quit her corporate job in 2008 and has since travelled and scuba dived her way around 45 countries. [/red_box]