With the new Brexit rules coming into place, you now need to have SIX months on your passport to go to Europe. If that means you need to get a new passport then you might be wondering how to get that sorted, given that right now we’re not even meant to leave the house.
Are those passport photo machines even open?
Would you even want to use them?
Probably a no to both.
You can now get your UK passport photo online, easily and quickly using passport-photo.online.
You want to be ready for when we’re allowed to travel again, right?
Do you need a new passport?
Make sure you’re ready for the lockdown to lift: check your passport.
If you have less than a year left on it, you need to start thinking about getting a new one. Now is a great time to get organised.
You do NOT want to get to the airport and get turned away.
How to get your UK passport photo
The UK passport office is now stricter than ever. You need to take a good, clear photo, with regulation framing and size. The Passport Photo Online app can help with this.
- Download the free Passport Photo Online app to your phone. Or, you can use the website.
- Line your face up using the guidelines.
- Retake until you have the perfect shot.
- Now you can use the photo for the ‘New Service’ option on the UK government passport application site.
- Pick the ‘I Already Have a Digital Photo’ option and click ‘Continue’.
- You have everything you need for the photo on your new passport.
So much easier than faffing around with photo machines!
Tips for the perfect passport photo
Passport Photo Online have a premium expert service you can use to check over the photo. They’ll also balance the colours and lighten it up if it’s needed, for just £4.99. Bit of peace of mind for you.
There are lots of tips on their website to help you take the perfect pic without using the service, but it’s always good to know it’s there.
- Wear a dark colour, but not black – this will contrast better with the backdrop.
- Don’t smile – this is a regulation. No social media gasps here!
- Be 40cm from the camera – balancing the phone in an open kitchen cupboard will help with this. Or obviously a tripod if you have one.
- Look straight ahead with your whole body – be as still as possible.
- Make sure your whole face is lit evenly – without any dark shadows. It’ll help to do it in front of a window in the middle of the day.
- Take off hats and sunglasses. Prescription glasses are ok as long as they don’t reflect.
- Have a clear white background – the passport office don’t want to see your bookshelf!
Passport Photo Online has answered every question you could possibly ask about getting a UK passport picture done on their website.
From whether you can wear lipstick on your pic, to eyeliner, photoshopping and what colour to wear.
New passports and COVID
The best thing about Passport Photo Online is that you can do it all from the comfort of your home. It’s totally free to try, until you get the exact picture you want.
Anyone can use it.
This means you don’t have to leave the house to get a fresh new passport delivered to your door, ready for all the travels the rest of the year will bring.
Getting a print of the passport photos
If you want to get a print out of the pics, you can do so on your home photo printer. If, like most of us, you don’t have a photo printer, then you can have them sent to a photo studio (like Boots, or a supermarket). This costs a little extra, from 55p.
You can also pay extra for the passport photos to be delivered to you, within 72 hours. Just useful for when you need a spare set for visas.
If you need your photos in different dimensions to the UK standard, then check out Passport Photo Online as they cover every format for every country. You can find all the details you’d need on getting a Japanese Visa Photo for example.
Easy way to get your UK passport photos online
So easy, and so quick. If anything takes the hassle out of getting a new passport, I say go for it!
– POST IN COLLABORATION WITH PASSPORT PHOTO ONLINE –