Vickyflipfloptravels.com is an eight-year-old travel and festival blog for anyone who wants to make the most of the time they have to travel. I cover weekends, weeks, fortnights and long term travel.
I like to write about food, wellness, adventure and guides to how to uncover the best of your new destination, from first hand experience
My readers follow my adventures to see how to afford, arrange and enjoy the best holidays and festivals in the world.
I’m on YouTube too!
Would love you to subscribe to my channel!
According to the Travel Blog Directory, by leading blogger Gary Arndt,
my blog is the 69th most popular travel blog in the English speaking world,
and the 5th most popular from England.
“This list ranks the world’s top travel blogs on the basis of algorithmic authority.”
According to Feedspot I’m the number 1 UK solo female travel blog to follow.
“The Best UK Solo Female Travel Blogs from thousands of UK Solo Female Travel blogs on the web using search and social metrics.”
I’m on of Trip Advisor’s top reviewers, with my reviews going out to thousands of readers every month. And I was part of their BETA program, rolling out the new look Trip Advisor.
You can follow me on TripAdvisor here:
My readers are 60/40% female and 45% are in the 25-34 age bracket. They’re interested in movies, travel, employment, entertainment, apple products and music. They have money!
Over 35% of my readers are from the UK, 24% from the USA, 8% from Australia and 4% from Canada. Many of my readers are from Ireland, New Zealand and India too.
Almost 75% of my readers use desktop, 18% use tablets and 9% read my blog on their mobile.
I’ve worked with some of the most popular brands in travel, both in house and on a contract basis under a few different guises. I have extensive experience as a Content Editor for HostelBookers.com and as Content and Social Media Manager for gapyear.com.
I’ve also worked as a writer and sub editor on some of the UK’s biggest magazines, and on a freelance basis for a number of different travel brands in different ways.
What my readers said about me in my last reader survey…
– “How you write is so easy to read and possibly the best thing ever is that you don’t write the really, really obvious list posts that I keep seeing more and more lately, or in other words ones that just state the plan obvious/common sense.”
– “The layout and colours are eyecatching and easy to read while the content is interesting, informative and not too wordy or formal.”
– “It’s honest and includes plenty of anecdotes”
– “The witty writing style – it’s a lot more humorous compared to the other blogs I read, and that’s what sets it apart.”
– “Your passion”
– “Your blog posts about Iceland convinced me that I needed to get my butt into gear. And also, having followed your blog for years, it was one of the very first blogs I ever read which inspired me to start blogging! So…go you! :)”
– “I love how real you are about your travels and with your photos, they not all perfectly posed in front of that iconic sight. Reading your stories is like a friend telling you how it really was and going through their photos.
– “Everything you post radiates your personality and that’s what a lot of bloggers are missing nowadays. So basically, go anywhere — I’d read it all! :D”
Many of my readers said that I was ‘authentic’, ‘relatable’ and ‘fun’.
I was proud of the feedback!
My latest YouTube video
I have over 1000 subscribers on YouTube, on my 60ish videos and receive over 20k views a month on them.
I started a weekly podcast in February 2019. Every week I chat with another amazing female in travel about there where, why and how of her travels. We pick a few topics, a destination, and just go. It’s had some great feedback and while season 1 is wrapping up, I’ll be starting on recording season 2 very soon.
Read more about my
So She Travels Podcast
Follow me on Instagram?
Error: There is no connected account for the user 40763753 Feed will not update.
Available for work
If you’re working on any exciting projects, I can help with the following:
Social media consultant
So if you fancy working together on a short or long term basis, just get in touch at [email protected], or use this…