A place for me to show off my travelling repertoire – and an easy way for you to find the destinations you want to read about.
I’ve organised my where I’ve been by alphabetical continent, and then alphabetical country. This is my most favourite page on my blog, I love the adventures I’ve been on, and I hope this page helps you find what you’re looking for!
Currently: Southsea (home)
Who knows. When will this END?
Video from July 2014-June 2015
- EGYPT: Sharm el Sheikh
- GAMBIA: Kubuneh
- KENYA: Nairobi
- MALAWI: Liwonde, Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve, Lake Malawi, Lilongwe, Cape McClear
- MOROCCO: Tangier, Fes, Marrakesh, Agadir
- SOUTH AFRICA: Knysna, Cape Town, Voorkamer Festival,
- TANZANIA: Serengeti, Stone Town, Bwejuu in Zanzibar
- ZAMBIA: Livingstone, Lusaka, Luwange
- ZIMBABWE: Victoria Falls
Subscribe to me on YouTube for all the travel inspiration and advice I can possibly give you.
- INDIA: Delhi, Kerala, Goa, Mumbai, Varanasi, Kumbh Mela, Lucknow
- INDONESIA: Seminyak, Bali, Gili Islands, Lombok
- ISRAEL: Tel Aviv, Galilee, Jerusalem
- JAPAN: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nakagawa, Niseko, Yamagata, Kobe, Sakai, Shiga, Fukui
- NEPAL: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Nagarkot
- PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Tari
- PHILIPPINES: Cebu, Palawan, Manila, Boracay, Malapascua, Bohol, Siargao
- QATAR: Doha
- SINGAPORE: Singapore
- SOUTH KOREA: Seoul, Jeju Island
- TAIWAN: Kenting, Khaisong, Taipei
- THAILAND: Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin
- UAE: Abu Dhabi
- VIETNAM: Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Phu Quoc, Hue, Dalat
– ONTARIO: Toronto, Niagara Falls
– BRITISH COLUMBIA: Vancouver, Victoria
– QUEBEC: Montreal
– ALBERTA: Whistler, Jasper, Banff
– YUKON: Whitehorse, Dawson City
I ♥ Canada
– ALABAMA: Montgomery
– ARIZONA: Grand Canyon, Sedona
– CALIFORNIA: LA, San Francisco, Coachella Festival, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Bass Lake, San Diego, Yosemite
– CONNECTICUT: Buck’s Rock, Stamford, New Milford
– FLORIDA: Florida Keys, Tampa, Miami, Panama City Beach, Destin, Fort Worth
– ILLINOIS: Chicago, Springfield
– LOUISIANA: New Orleans, Lake Charles
– MINNESOTA: Minneapolis, Duluth
– NEVADA: Las Vegas
– NEW YORK: New York City, Summer Camp, Williamsburg, Adirondacks
– TENNESSEE: Nashville, Memphis, Fitness Camp, Chattanooga
– TEXAS: Austin, Houston
- BELIZE: Belize City, Caye Caulker, Ambergris Caye, Benque
- COSTA RICA: Tortuguero, San Jose
- GUATEMALA: Lake Atitlan, Antigua, Semuc Champey, Rio Dulce, Livingston
- HONDURAS: Roatan
- MEXICO: Cancun, Guadalajara, Mexico City, San Pancho, Oaxaca, Puerto Escondido, Costa Maya
- ANTIGUA: St John’s
- ARUBA: Oranjestad, St Nicolas, Eagle Beach
- BAHAMAS: Nassau, Princess Cays
- BARBADOS: Oistins, Bridgetown
- CUBA: Havana, Trinidad, Playa Ancon, Cienfuegos, Varadero
- SAINT LUCIA: Morgan Bay, Rodney Bay
- ST KITTS: Basseterre, Timothy Beach
- TURKS & CAICOS: Grand Turk
- AUSTRALIA: Darwin, Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Katherine, Brisbane, Gold Coast
- NEW ZEALAND: Auckland, Rotorua, Taupo, Waitomo
- SAMOA: Upolu, Sava’ii
- AUSTRIA: Vienna, Kitzbuhel, Zillertal
- BELGIUM: Dour, Brussels, Bruges
- BULGARIA: Sofia, Bansko
- CROATIA: Zadar, Bibinje, Dubrovnik, Split, MedSailors Trip, Rovinj
- CZECH REPUBLIC: Prague, Tabor, Bechyne
- DENMARK: Aarhus, Copenhagen, Skodsborg
- ESTONIA: Tallinn
- FINLAND: Yllas, Levi, Helsinki
- FRANCE: Biarritz, Perpignan, Marseille, Montpellier, Tours, Riberac, Paris, Nice, Cannes, Lyon, Cordes-sur-Ciel
- GERMANY: Berlin, Munich, Garmisch, Frankfurt, Hamburg
- GREECE: Kos, Kavos, Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Ios, Skopelos, Skiathos, Alonissos, Samos
- GUERNSEY: Peter Port, the beaches
- HUNGARY: Budapest
- ICELAND: Reykjavik
- IRELAND: Dublin, Westport
- ITALY: Genoa, Rome, Florence, Venice, Brindisi, Pisa, Ceglie Messapica, Lecce, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Lake Garda, Mantova, Lake Maggiore, Sardinia
- LATVIA: Riga
- LUXEMBOURG: Luxembourg
- MALTA: Valletta, Gozo
- MONACO: Monte Carlo
- MONTENEGRO: Kotor, Petrovac, Limanji, Budva
- NETHERLANDS: Amsterdam, The Hague
- NORWAY: Oslo, Tromso
- POLAND: Krakow, Auschwitz
- PORTUGAL: Faro, Porto, Lisbon
- ROMANIA: Brasov, Bucharest
- RUSSIA: Moscow, St Petersburg
- SCOTLAND: Edinburgh, Isle of Skye, Outer Hebrides, Glasgow
- SERBIA: Novi Sad, EXIT Festival
- SLOVAKIA: Bratislava
- SLOVENIA: Bohinj, Vogel
- SPAIN: San Sebastian, Ibiza, Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Cadiz, Seville, Conil, Tarifa, VaughanTown, Majorca, Bilbao, Gran Canaria, Tenerife
- SWEDEN: Stockholm, Lapland
- SWITZERLAND: Interlaken, Saas Fee, Basel, Lugano
- TURKEY: Istanbul
- WALES: Portmeirion, Snowdon
So great it deserves it’s own category, don’t you think?
Glastonbury, London, Isle of Wight, Cambridge, Oxford, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, Liverpool, Bath, Nottingham, Derby, Bournemouth, Brighton, Portsmouth, Stratford Upon Avon, Cornwall, Dorset, Devon and Southampton.
If you want to read more about England, check out my dedicated blog at Day Out in England.
Tips, guides and advice for all kinds of England adventures over there.
= 77 countries!
My top 5 countries for the future
TBH there aren’t many countries I wouldn’t want to go. But, I also don’t want to just wizz around the world collecting countries with no respect to stay and hang out and explore the traditions.
A few of the countries above have just been for the day – on cruises, or tours – and there is a belief that you can’t say you’ve ‘been’ to a country unless you’ve actually stayed the night.
It’s all fun to me.
– Cruising the waterways of Japan
There are still so many places I’d like to go, here are my top choices. I had planned to go to all of these in 2020, but y’know…
Argh, can’t believe I still haven’t been here yet!
One of my best friends is from there, and is currently living there, due to move to England any time soon so I really need to get my butt over there. I want to camp in Wadi Rum, see Petra and get stuck into some of the amazing cuisine I know they have over there.
Lebanon looks incredible and seems like the perfect trip to add on after Jordan. I’d love to visit Beirut and to go hiking too.
And Oman, I mean the pictures are amazing. I’d love to look around and experience the architecture for myself. It just looks like pure middle east opulence at its most incredible. I want to look round Muscat of course, but I’d also love to camp out in the sand dunes. Looks awesome.
I’ve still never been to South America! Crazy hey. I’ve only ever been down as far as Costa Rica, in Central America. I think next year it’s time to rectify that and after watching Narcos on Netflix, I’m kinda crazy for Colombia. Anyone I know who’s been has absolutely loved it and say it’s one of the best countries to visit. I want to see for myself!
And then Peru – I mean, who doesn’t want to go to Peru? The scenery is a huge draw just in itself, but what about the culture, and the food too. I just want in on all of it.
WHO AM I? | MY STORY | WORK WITH ME | BIO | CONTACT ME
MY MEDIA PACK | TESTIMONIALS
Why Backpacking in Your 30s is Best | VickyFlipFlopTravels
Friday 11th of October 2019
[…] Where I’ve Been […]
VickyFlipFlopTravels » Top UK Travel and Festival Blogger |Looking for a New Way to Stay? - VickyFlipFlopTravels
Sunday 3rd of April 2016
[…] Travel Bragging […]
Wednesday 1st of July 2015
Hey, if you want to come to Washington D.C., I've got a free penthouse for you to stay in! All to yourself. I'd love to meet you so come on by.
Alex @ TRVL 101
Thursday 29th of December 2016
Wow, thank you Alex! That's a very generous offer :). If ever I come that way I'll definitely let you know. Happy New Year!
Saturday 20th of October 2012
My, you've been to a shitload of places in Europe as well! Have to chat with you about some of these festivals you've hit up next time I see you. I've been curious about Exit in Novi Sad forever.
Saturday 20th of October 2012
Oh EXIT was brilliant! So fun and cheap, and a cool venue too. Love Europe – it's underrated by Brits, but I definitely want to see more, and go to more festivals of course.
Thursday 14th of June 2012
I like that you don't just list countries, but places within the countries, and even links to posts for some. Looks like you have a lot of back-stories to write (just like me). Or was there nothing special about your time in Berlin, Amsterdam, Istanbul, ...I could go on ;)
Thursday 14th of June 2012
Hey Ian, thanks! There was definitely some special times in all the other cities – just need to write about them! One day I shall complete my to do list :)