Loved Tallinn. I was expecting drunk stag groups and grim Soviet vibes but instead I found a quaint and unique city filled with interesting boutique shops, healthy restaurants, hipster bars, stunning parks and a full schedule of year round festivals.
I’ll definitely be going back.
I took a lot of photos in my four days in Tallinn, seeing as I’d just got my new camera, so here are 31 of my most favourite, guaranteed to make you want to book that cheapo flight and get yourself over to Estonia. Or at least think about doing it, for a few seconds.
1. Loads of healthy restaurants
2. Wine Museum, with samples
3. Stunning viewpoints, with a sense of humour
4. City centre waterfalls
5. Hipster barbers
6. Al fresco dining by a castle
7. Beautiful parks surrounding the Old Town
8. Restaurants with yellow doors
9. Daring and enticing passages
10. Pink houses overlooking parks
11. Cool cars in cool bars
12. Beaches 5 mins away on the bus
13. More beaches 10 minutes away
14. Park pagodas
15. Flowers and nature and that
16. Kadriorg Palace aka ‘Catherine’s Valley Palace’
17. These gates, in Kadriorg Park
18. Old Town architecture
19. The Tallinn train
20. Tunnels that connect the city
21. Looking up to sights like this
22. The colours popping in the sun
23. Towers and turrets eyeing the city
24. This tower is a museum
25. Food, drink and accommodation are all great value
26. So. Many. Hipster bars
27. Cute little market square, with treats
28. More viewing points
29. This restaurant overlooks the previous view 30. This is the Presidential Palace
31. Sitting for a coffee here
So, Tallinn, persuaded?
I’m getting a few emails asking me about these photos. They’re not Photoshopped, I don’t even know how to use the program.
They’re all taken on the Olympus PEN E-PL7 Touchscreen Camera, which I’d just bought especially for the trip.
Combined with my (minimal) photography skills, it was obviously worth it.
The President of Estonia has just shared this article on his Facebook page!