There are so many fun things to do in Goa – it’s easy to see why it’s one of the most popular places to visit in India.
If you do decide to follow the Konkan coast down to Goa then prepare for some serious tanning time. With some of the country’s best beaches along this bay – like Mandrem, Baga and Cavelossim – it’s the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax and soak in the sunshine here.
At least for the first day…
and then it’s time to explore the amazing amount of cool things to do in Goa. This west Indian state has history, beautiful countryside, fascinating people and plenty of wildlife to explore.
52 Fun Things to Do in Goa
1. Hit the high seas and go dolphin spotting.
2. Buy yourself a new pair of harems with a matching bag from one of the many street vendors.
3. Have you even been to India if you don’t come back with a henna tattoo?
4. Do a river cruise along the Mandovi River.
5. Brave Goa’s traffic and hire a vespa for the day, or at least some sort of clapped out old bike (remember though, safety first).
6. Rejuvenate yourself with a session of ancient holistic healing at an Ayurvedic centre.
7. See some beautiful butterflies at the Butterfly Conservatory.
8. Taste, touch and see what goes into creating spices before testing out your taste buds on the world’s hottest chilli at the Sahakari Spice Farm.
9. Get some great snaps on a hike to Devil’s Canyon in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary.
READ MORE: 6 Days in Kerala, What Have I Been Doing?
10. Whip out the head torch for one of the most daring activities to do in Goa, a caving session inside the Arvalem or Pandava Caves.
11. Check out the sea views from Goa’s oldest fort, Cabo De Rama.
12. See the jungles, mangroves and beaches from the waters with a kayaking trip along the backwaters of Zuari, Mandovi or Sal.
13. Shop to a decent soundtrack at Ingo’s Saturday night bazaar in Arpora.
14. Venture into the big blue with a scuba diving excursion from Bogmalo Beach.
15. Visit the pretty impressive and Portuguese-style churches of Old Goa like Basilica of Bom Jesus.
16. Keep your fingers crossed that on a visit Galgibaga beach you’ll spot some turtles hatch.
17. Stop by Mum’s Kitchen for the best selection of local cuisine with a Portuguese twist.
18. Pluck up the courage to do karaoke at the laid back St. Anthony’s Bar on Baga Beach.
19. Bag a bargain at the Mapusa Friday Market.
20. Practice your downward dog at a yoga class somewhere like Yoga Magic.
21. Continue channeling healthy vibes with a visit to Anjuna’s health-conscious cafe, Bean Me Up.
22. Discover over 4,000 forgotten objects from Goa’s past at the Museum of Goa Chitra.
23. Test out your balance with some kite surfing on Morjim beach.
24. Master Goan cuisine with a cooking class at The Siolim House.
25. Get yourself on croc watch on the Cumbarjua Canal with a crocodile safari.
26. Visit the Anjuna Flea Market by the beach for all your handmade goods.
27. Do a trek to the Tambdi Surla Waterfalls.
28. See some ancient tribal art at the Usgalimal Rock Carvings.
29. Apparently it’s all about ballroom dancing rather than bhangra here so get yourself to one of the many classes.
30. Feel a little confused after watching a Goan Tiatr, otherwise known as a traditional theatre performance.
31. Earn yourself a rest on Neuti Beach after completing the beautiful Ocean Trek.
32. Tick the largest church in Asia off the list with a pitstop at the regal Sé Cathedral.
33. Make friends with Goa’s marine life by underwater sea bed walking by Baina Beach.
34. Disconnect with an off the grid: homestay deep in the forest of the Western Ghats.
35. Take a dip in Arambol’s sweet water lake and cover yourself in the lake’s clay to take in some of its supposedly magically healing properties.
36. Take an overnight train to get there, or out. I went on the Radjdhani Express, overnight.
37. Listen to some live music at Sol De Goa.
38. Chill with the cows on Calangute Beach — at a good distance of course.
39. Try a trance party somewhere like Hilltop in Vagator or Curlies on South Anjuna Beach.
40. Give back by volunteering with animals at Siolim’s Welfare for Animals in Goa.
41. Learn to glide those waves like a beach babe with a surf lesson on Arambol Beach.
42. Embrace Goa’s casino culture with a trip to the Casino Royale on the Moldovi River.
43. Set off some Instagram envy with a snap of a beachside Goa sunset.
44. Take to the skies by paragliding on Arambol Beach – it’s of the most unique and popular attractions to do in Goa.
45. Try to spot panthers, bears and deer at the Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary and Mollem National Park.
46. Go home with a new skill after taking a reiki class.
READ MORE: 31 Mistakes I Made in India
47. Do a roadtrip to see the impressive Dudhsagar Falls.
48. Go shopping in the downtown Portuguese alleys of Panjim.
49. Keep those adventure urges satisfied by rafting on the Mhadei River.
50. Sharpen up your self-defence skills with a wing chun kung fu martial arts class
51. Always a fan of freebie, get yourself on this Panjim walking tour.
52. Pile on the pounds by stopping by local bakeries for freshly baked poi.
See, there are LOADS of fun things to do in Goa.
Hope you have a great time, and let me know in the comments below if you have any more to add.