One of my favourite ways to make money blogging, is by affiliate marketing. I’ve signed up to a few affiliate marketing programs, but Travelpayouts is one of my favourite. Here’s the lowdown on why, if you’re a travel blogger, you should join too.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a marketing strategy in which an advertiser (a merchant or retailer) pays a commission to an affiliate partner (a content creator) for driving traffic or sales to their website. When a user clicks on the affiliate’s unique link and makes a purchase on the advertiser’s site, the partner earns a commission on the sale.
For example, if anyone books their car hire using a link on this post about the best stops between Miami and Key West, I earn money from Discover Cars.
Affiliate marketing is a popular strategy for travel content because it allows advertisers, such as tour operators, flight search engines, and hotel booking sites, to reach a wider audience and only pay for results.
So, what is Travelpayouts?
Travelpayouts is an all-in-one travel monetisation platform that empowers goal-oriented travel bloggers to spend less time scaling their blog revenue, turning their blog into a rewarding business they enjoy.
Trusted by 500k leading creators and top travel brands, Travelpayouts streamlines affiliate programs to make it easy to manage. You can simply sign up to the platform, and immediately have access to all of their travel partners to start promoting on your site.
Successful promotions mean more travel related income, meaning more money for your site, and for you.
Travelpayouts core benefits
1. In 2022 alone, Travelpayouts paid $12M worth of affiliate rewards to their creators.
2. Travelpayouts is trusted by 100+ leading travel brands, including Bооking.com, Viator and GetYourGuide.
3. Travelpayouts offer 9 affiliate tools that go way beyond links and range from no-code ready-made templates for your own travel apps to interactive widgets.
4. It’s easy to integrate the links on any travel site.
5. With all your links on one platform it’s a convenient way to manage all the affiliate programs in one place.
6. With 100+ companies on one platform, it’s also easier to reach the payout thresholds!
7. You can switch to Travelpayouts instantly with several clicks thanks to LinkSwitcher, a unique tool that automatically turns suitable links into Travelpayouts affiliate links.
How does Travelpayouts work?
1. Content creators recommend the travel brands they love to their audience and get rewarded for their efforts. For example, an Instagram blogger writes about an interesting GetYourGuide excursion and adds a special link to their booking.
2. Travellers book perfect trips at the best price and explore fascinating places, both near and far.
3. Travel brands connect with influencers and content creators to extend their reach and increase their sales.
So, so far so good hey? Here are a few more reasons why bloggers can trust Travelpayouts for all their affiliate needs…
Why trust Travelpayouts?
Transparent reward rates
You’ll always know where your earnings come from, and what to expect in rewards.
Easier to meet the threshold
Income from different programs gets combined, and it’s easier to make the minimum payment amount and collect payouts together
Responsive and helpful supporT
Travelpayouts’ support provides exceptional assistance within 24h every day, including weekends. They investigate and address any issues or concerns you have, making every interaction pleasant and helpful.
How can content creators track their sales?
In order for a brand to see that a sale was attributed to a certain partner and use that information to reward that partner, various tools are used in affiliate marketing.
Travelpayouts has tools for partners with different programming skills and projects (social media pages, websites and blogs)
For example, they provide no-code tools, such as deep links (with a built-in link shortener), banners, and widgets. There are also tools for coding pros, like White Labels, API, Travel App (a template for creating mobile travel apps), and many others.
How much can content creators earn with Travelpayouts?
Partner rewards depend on the partner program and its category. Your total income depends on the number of users of the partner website who are ready to book flights, hotels, car rentals, or other travel essentials.
For example, on average, Travelpayouts’ partners earn:
- $15 per accommodation booking
- $6 per flight bought on WayAway
- $23 per car rental booked on Discover Cars
Potential earnings depend on how many sales you make.
Partners can withdraw earnings via bank card or PayPal. The minimum payout depends on the payment method and starts at $10. Meanwhile, Travelpayouts covers all transfer fees!
How to start with Travelpayouts
1. Sign up
Create a Travelpayouts account for free and gain access to a world of travel opportunities.
2. Decide where will you use affiliate tools
Add the description of your project.
3. Choose Your Niche
Whether you focus on budget travel, luxury escapes, family vacations, or adventure trips, there’s a niche for every type of traveler.
4. Integrate Travelpayouts’ tools
Seamlessly promote travel services to your audience.
5. Create Compelling Content
Craft engaging and informative content that resonates with your audience, inspiring them to explore new destinations and make bookings.
6. Watch Your Earnings Grow
As your audience starts booking travel experiences through your affiliate links, watch your earnings grow and your dreams of traveling the world become more attainable.
You can sign up to Travelpayouts here.