Don’t you think Costa Rica is one of those ‘ultimate’ travel destinations, one that people dream of going to long before they actually do? Well that was me any way. I’d wanted to go since my friend did in his gap year once school finished. And so, when I was invited to come for a week courtesy of Visit Costa Rica, I obviously said a hell yeah.
Having spent a week in Costa Rica I learnt a few things about the country that I thought might help anyone planning a trip there, or at least inspire you to visit Costa Rica some time very soon.
19 Things You Need to Know Before
Visiting Costa Rica
1. You’re going to love the peace and tranquility of the rainforests
2. The waterfalls are stunning, and you can swim in them
3. La Cahuita Beach at sunset is a definite yes
4. Snakes looks like vines
5. The turtles’ plight is incredible to see, go on a night tour
6. There are lots of empty beaches for you to yoga at sunrise
7. Incredible natural hot springs are a must see
8. Make sure to get up high for incredible views
9. The Arenal Volcano is a Costa Rica icon
10. Chocolate is a huge industry here – here’s a cacao bean
Share the knowledge on Pinterest – Pin me!
11. Zip lining is one of the most popular things to do in Costa Rica
12. You can actually see toucans in the trees
13. And sloths, SLOTHS!
14. Look up and you’ll see monkeys (sometimes)
15. You’re never far from a beautiful view
16. You can boat the waterway separating Nicaragua and Costa Rica
17. Stay at Pachira Lodge in Tortuguero for a lux experience
18. Wildlife is everywhere, including in the road – drive carefully!
19. A week is definitely NOT long enough, but a good taster for more
I made a vlog a day in Costa Rica… check them out!
You can subscribe to my YouTube here too
More on Costa Rica