I think we’re all in need of some trying new things quotes to inspire us to get up and out. Anyone else nervous about going outside, into that big wide world?
Well, it’s time to buckle up and for the first time in a long time, get outside and see the world – beyond where you’ve been for the past three months!
Whether you’re planning an overseas adventure, some travel in your own country, or just a trip to see the family a little further away, then you might need a little boost to your confidence to get out there.
Quotes about trying new things are popular in the travel world – remember YOLO? Or, the standard trying new things quotes guaranteed to make you do it: ‘feel the fear and do it anyway’ / ‘do one thing a day that scares you’.
See, there’s two already.
If you feel you need a little push to get back out there in the world, then here are some of my favourite trying new things quotes to get you started.
50+ Trying New Things Quotes
– That is actually me, in Mexico, the week of my 30th birthday and I’m flyboarding
Trying new things quotes
1 .“Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?” – Michelle Obama
2. “You never know what you can do until you try, and very few try unless they have to.” – C.S. Lewis
3. “Life is trying things to see if they work.” – Ray Bradbury
4. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things.” – Nate Berkus
5. “Everyone has a ‘risk muscle’. You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don’t, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day.” – Roger von Oech
6. “I’m always trying new things and learning new things.” – Morgan Freeman
7. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary” – Jim Rohn
8. “I realized something on the ride. I realized if I wait until I’m not scared to try new things, then I’ll never get to try them at all.” ― Marie Sexton, Between Sinners and Saints
9. “Try, try, and try again. Never stop trying.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
10. “I like to challenge myself. I like to learn – so I like to try new things and try to keep growing.” — David Schwimmer
11. “I’m always learning and trying new things. When you stop learning, you start dying.” — Ellen Burstyn
12. “I always encourage people to get out there, travel the world, see new things, experience new people, experience new food, experience new culture.” — Karamo Brown
More positivity blog posts for you
quotes about doing new things
The Importance of Being Yourself as a Travel Blogger
If you’re looking for quotes trying new things
Doing new things quotes
13. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S. Eliot
14. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
15. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
– Which of these trying new things quotes is your favourite?
16. “Always trying new things is always more fun, and it can be scary, but it’s always more fun in the end.” – John Krasinski
17. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask which one, just get on!” – Sheryl Sandberg
18. “Leap and the net will appear” – Zen saying
19. “If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.” – Dr. Seuss
20. “I’m someone who is open-minded to new experiences because they teach you new things.” – Marilyn Manson
21. “I’m not going for grades; I’m going for an education. I’m going to continue experimenting and trying new things to try to evolve and learn.” — Nicolas Cage
What does it mean to try new things?
Life is long, until it becomes very short at the end. By trying new things you’ll experience more of what this glorious world has to offer. If you just stay in and only tread the path you always have, you’ll only be sampling a small amount of what’s on offer. Get in the habit of regularly trying new things and life will be more exciting, you’ll get to know yourself better, and life will be all the richer for the varied experiences you’ve had.
Quotes about something new mentally
22. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
23. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?” – Vincent van Gogh
24. “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” – Pablo Picasso
26. “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.” – Theodore Levitt
27. “We don’t know who we are until we see what can we do.” – Martha Grime
28. “Keep an open mind; it’s the only way new things can get in.” — Colleen Hoover
29. “Courage and willingness to just go for it, whether it is a conversation or a spontaneous trip or trying new things that are scary – it is a really attractive quality.” — Alanis Morissette
30. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” — Louis E. Boone
Quotes about trying new things, and failing
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. I’ve made all kinds of travel mistakes, festival mistakes and business mistakes too – it makes you who you are!
31. “The greatest failure is the failure to try.” – William Arthur Ward
32. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” — Albert Einstein
33. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
34. “When you try new things, you will make mistakes. That’s OK.” — Anne Wojcicki
35. “There is only one way to avoid criticism; do nothing, say nothing and be nothing.” – Aristotle
36. “You are too silly to fear the shame of being silly while trying.” ― Kangoma Kindembo
37. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” – Neil Gailman
38. “I’m an entrepreneur at heart. I’m not afraid of starting up, starting over, or even failing for that matter, because the fact that I try new things in itself is a victory.” – Lynn Collins
39. “If people are not making mistakes, they are not trying new things. If they are making the same mistake twice, they are not learning new things!” — Walter C. Wright
40. “Failure isn’t something to be embarrassed about; it’s just proof that you’re pushing your limits, trying new things, daring to innovate.” — Gavin Newsom
Pin these quotes trying new things for later?
Confidence quotes for trying new things
41. “Step through new doors. The majority of the time there’s something fantastic on the other side.” – Oprah Winfrey
42. “Unless you open yourself up to trying new things, you can’t find what you love.” – Anonymous
43. “Try new things everyday. Don’t be afraid of failures. You will not lose anything. But your brain will be packed with experiences.” – Akash Ryan Agarwal
44. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” – Anonymous
45. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
46. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” – Tim Ferriss
47. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
48. “Man cannot discover new oceans, unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
49. “It’s better to look back on life and say, “I can’t believe I did that.” than to look back and say: “I wish I did that.” – Unknown
50. “How do you know, unless you open the door?” ― Casey Rislov, Come In, Open the Doors to You
51. “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.” — Unknown
52. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
My favourite quote about trying new things
I’ve bolded a few of my absolute favourite quotes about trying something new above, but, if you want to know my all-time favourite ‘try new things quote’, here it is:
“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask “What if I fall?”
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?”
I tend to shorten it down in my head to the last three lines, and sound like a crazy lady talking to myself. I like to say this to myself when I plunge into doing, or trying, something new – which I intend to do this year!
You’ll see this trying new things quote on my homepage, as I think it can be used in all areas of life.
Confidence to try something new
– These trying new things quotes could inspire you to climb an anchor – who knows?!
In the past few months we’ve been wrapped in our bubbles in and around our homes. It’s so important for our heath to try new things though, and for our confidence. I hope these quotes about trying something new have inspired you to get out there and experience the world again, when it’s safe to do so.
If you want to build up to this, there are plenty of ways to try something new around your home.
- How about paddleboarding if you’re by the sea (winter paddleboarding anyone)?
- Starting a new venture that’s always been on your mind?
- Booking a cycling adventure somewhere in the world?
- Decorate your kitchen a mad colour?
- Attempting a new recipe and inviting friends round to try it?
- Or even taking that hike somewhere near your home that you’ve been to scared to try before?
Challenge yourself to try something new today to keep your mind and wellbeing intact!
Quotes on trying new things
Having a few quotes on trying new things in your mind can help you in your times of need. If you’re a fan of Harry Potter then think of them like a Patronus, something you can summon up when you’re feeling overwhelmed and anxious.
You can use quotes about trying new things like a mantra.
Whether you’re trying to learn new and different things, have a more positive attitude in the New Year or just want some general life quotes to get you through, then these quotes about trying new things are a great thing to remember.
I’d recommend choosing your favourite, like I did, and committing to memory. You can always revisit this list of quotes about trying in the future, to pick a new favourite that’s more relevant to who you are at that time.
Having said that, my favourite quote about trying something new has been the same for years!
Motivation to try something new
Trying something new can be hard, especially as we get older and more set in our ways. As these quotes on trying new things have shown though, it’s so important, and it keeps life spicy!
Imagine getting to 20-something and deciding that that’s it – this is your outlook, your life, your friends, your job and your holiday destination for the next 70 years.
No thank you!
It’s important to try new food, try new looks and make a habit of trying new things. By reading this article on trying new things I think you’re already on the right path, but if you have a friend who needs a poke to liven up, then send these trying something new quotes to them.
How do YOU feel about trying new things?
Let me know which quote about trying something new is your favourite!
And if you’re feeling nervous about going overseas, you need these positive travel affirmations in your life.
If you want to read more articles on Wellbeing – and my advice on navigating this crazy world – check out my new Wellbeing pages. I cover mental health, body & fitness, and productivity tips too.
Pin these trying new things quotes for later?