Here are all the coolest things to do in Miami, based on my FIVE visits there. Quick, to the point, and in an easy to use list – enjoy!
Looking for things to do in Miami this weekend? Well, the absolute top thing to do in Miami is to go clubbing and check out the nightlife in the city. That means there’s a load of bars, clubs and rooftop soirees to make your way around. Although, I’ve been to Miami many times now and I’ve actually never been clubbing there, so if you’re not into that kinda vibe, don’t worry.
Beside the party scene, there’s a lot more to Miami. Exploring the city’s many beaches, natural parks and art scene will keep you entertained for hours. Miami’s South Beach is of course the big draw to Miami, and the place everyone knows about. It’s the place to be and be seen.
Such a good food culture in Miami too. Check out the food tour we did in Little Havana to get a small taste of it.
As one of the most iconic cities in the USA, there’s no way you’ll be short of things to do in Miami, just have a look through this top 52 for starters.
52 Coolest Things to Do in Miami
Here are the best things to do in Miami this weekend, this week, today, tomorrow, and whenever you get to visit this wonderful city!
1. Put on your best bikini and head to Miami Beach for a game of volleyball.
2. Take a selfie on South Beach.
3. Splash out on dinner on Ocean Drive, somewhere like at Gianni’s at the Villa, aka Versace’s old home.
4. From there go full on Miami with a night out at High Bar.
5. Come back to see Ocean Drive during the day.
6. And consider doing a walking tour of the whole highly Instagrammable Art Deco District.
7. Get your coffee fix at House of Per’la before you do.
8. Push the party animals aside and see real colourful creatures at Jungle Island.
9. Step back in time at the Cauley Square Historic Village.
10. Try the state’s official dessert with a slice of key lime pie.
11. Go shopping in the Bayside Marketplace.
12. Go on a South Beach Food Tour to learn more about the food culture here.
13. Then wash them down with the world’s only avocado wine at Schnebly Redland’s Winery.
14. Do one of the city’s many free yoga classes somewhere like Kennedy Park.
15. Have a coffee and a cigar in the Little Havana neighbourhood.
16. Marvel at some of the most impressive street art at the Wynwood Walls.
17. Rent a bike and explore the Old Cutler Trail.
18. See how many alligators you can spot with a trip out to the Everglades.
19. Take a salsa class at Ball & Chain.
20. Fill up on food at the Redland Market Village.
21. Catch a Miami Heat game.
BONUS MIAMI ACTIVITY: Visit the Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens – one of the biggest zoos in the world!
22. Go window shopping in the Miami Design District.
23. Kayak on the Oleta River.
24. See some impressive coral art at Coral Castle.
25. Watch the fastest game in the world, jai alai, at Magic City.
26. Cool off in the stunning Venetian Pool in Coral Gables.
27. Get a little freaked out when you dine with dolls at the American Girl Bistro at the Falls shopping centre.
28. See Miami’s oldest structure at the Cape Florida Lighthouse.
29. Ride the entire Metromover to see the city for free.
30. Take a boat tour of Stiltsville.
31. Give that food baby what it wants with a lunch at the Taco Spot.
32. Feel all cultural with a trip to the Institute of Contemporary Art.
33. See some monkeys up close and personal at the Monkey Jungle.
34. Go on the most exhilarating Jet Ski ride of your life.
35. Do an underwater cycle class at Element Aqua.
36. Bask on the most secluded beach at Matheson Hammock Park.
37. Eat at Versailles, aka the “most famous Cuban restaurant in the world.”
38. Walk around the pretty cloisters at the St Bernard de Clairvaux Episcopal Church.
39. See the graffiti at the abandoned Miami Marine Stadium on the waterfront.
40. Brunch at super affordable The Jim and Neesie.
41. Satisfy your inner geek at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science.
42. Fall into a sugar coma at the Sugar Factory.
43. Take a glass-bottom boat tour at the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
44. Party at LIV Miami.
45. Go snorkelling around a shipwreck at Biscayne Bay.
46. Grab a milkshake at the most impressive fruit market, Robert is Here.
47. Be a ninja warrior for the day at Planet Air Sports.
48. See FDR’s old railcar at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum.
49. Swim with dolphins at The Miami Seaquarium.
50. Get sneaky and try to access one of the many swanky hotel pools.
51. Save your pennies for a cocktail at the Eclipse rooftop bar where you’ll find the best views of the city.
52. Queue for the area’s favourite cinnamon roll at Knaus Berry Farm.
53. Rent a Paddleboard in Miami for an hour.
54. Tour Millionaire’s Row in a boat.
55. Go Parasailing in Biscayne Bay.
56. How about a flyboarding adventure?
GET A MIAMI PASS and SO MUCH OF THIS IS INCLUDED!
My top 5 things to do in Miami
If you don’t have much time to enjoy all the great things to do in Miami this weekend, then here’s the ultimate list of five, but narrowed down and explained better.
1. Everglades National Park
The Everglades are one of the top reasons why people visit Miami in the first place. They’re one of the top places to visit in Miami. Head on over from the city via a tour, or just drive there, and you’ll get to go out on one of the airboats to cruise around looking for alligators. With a bit of luck you’ll have a fun guide who manages to seek them out on the bushiest of bushes.
Top tip for you if you’re visiting the Everglades – don’t expect there to be good coffee or a restaurant over there. Food is basic and I’d recommend you eat and drink before you go.
2. Tour of the Art Deco District
You can do a walking tour of the art deco district for about $20. Go for it. You’ll get to find out so much more about the history of the art deco area and how it came to be as iconic as it is today. This is a great activity to do on your first day in Miami, as it’ll help you get your bearings, and so you can ask any first day questions you might have.
3. Do a food tour in Little Havana
You have to go to Little Havana while you’re in Miami – it’s such a cool area of the city. We joined a food tour which gave us a great insight into the history and present day problems of the area, and a chance to try some of the delicious food too.
If you’re looking for the best places to visit in Miami, Little Havana definitely comes to the top of that list.
4. Sunbathe on South Beach
But do take the time to get a pic next to the Miami South Beach beach huts – they’re so iconic you’ll regret it if you don’t.
5. Visit Wynwood
Whatever you do in Miami, do not leave without hanging out in Wynwood for the day. My boyfriend and I had a great day eating brunch, joining a cycle tour, and then finding a cool bar for him to watch the Liverpool game. After that we went and got tacos, and then queued again because they were SO good.
What to do in Miami
See, there’s a lot of great things to do in Miami. No wonder I’ve been so many times!
It’s hard to fit it all in, but my number one recommendation for what to do in Miami would be to not try too hard to do too much. As a city of course there are a million activities, but just pick one a day and then enjoy the time to chill. The best thing you can do in Miami is to chill. Just relax on Miami beach and watch the people go by.
You’ll get some good feeds in Miami – make sure to check out the street food trucks for some great deals and even better tastes!
We had a great time exploring Miami and I hope you do too!
Coolest things to do in Miami
Pin these cool things to do in Miami for later