The absolute top thing to do in Miami is to go clubbing and check out the nightlife in the city. That means there’s a load of bars, clubs and rooftop soirees to make your way around. Although, I’ve been to Miami four times now and I’ve actually never been clubbing there, so if you’re not into that kinda vibe, don’t worry.
Beside the party scene, there’s a lot more to Miami. Exploring the city’s many beaches, natural parks and art scene will keep you entertained for hours. Miami’s South Beach is of course the big draw to Miami, and the place everyone knows about. It’s the place to be and be seen.
Such a good food culture in Miami too. Check out the food tour we did in Little Havana to get a small taste of it.
As one of the most iconic cities in the USA, there’s no way you’ll be short of things to do in Miami, just have a look through this top 52 for starters.
52 Coolest Things to Do in Miami
1. Put on your best bikini and head to Miami Beach for a game of volleyball.
2. Take a selfie on South Beach.
3. Splash out on dinner on Ocean Drive, somewhere like at Gianni’s at the Villa, aka Versace’s old home.
4. From there go full on Miami with a night out at High Bar.
5. Come back to see Ocean Drive during the day.
6. And consider doing a walking tour of the whole highly Instagrammable Art Deco District.
7. Get your coffee fix at House of Per’la before you do.
8. Push the party animals aside and see real colourful creatures at Jungle Island.
9. Step back in time at the Cauley Square Historic Village.
10. Try the state’s official dessert with a slice of key lime pie.
11. Go shopping in the Bayside Marketplace.
12. Line your stomach with some stone crabs.
13. Then wash them down with the world’s only avocado wine at Schnebly Redland’s Winery.
14. Do one of the city’s many free yoga classes somewhere like Kennedy Park.
15. Have a coffee and a cigar in the Little Havana neighbourhood.
16. Marvel at some of the most impressive street art at the Wynwood Walls.
17. Rent a bike and explore the Old Cutler Trail.
18. See how many alligators you can spot with a trip out to the Everglades.
19. Take a salsa class at Ball & Chain.
20. Fill up on food at the Redland Market Village.
21. Catch a Miami Heat game.
22. Go window shopping in the Miami Design District.
23. Kayak on the Oleta River.
24. See some impressive coral art at Coral Castle.
25. Watch the fastest game in the world, jai alai, at Magic City.
26. Cool off in the stunning Venetian Pool in Coral Gables.
27. Get a little freaked out when you dine with dolls at the American Girl Bistro at the Falls shopping centre.
28. See Miami’s oldest structure at the Cape Florida Lighthouse.
29. Ride the entire Metromover to see the city for free.
30. Take a boat tour of Stiltsville.
31. Give that food baby what it wants with a lunch at the Taco Spot.
32. Feel all cultural with a trip to the Institute of Contemporary Art.
33. See some monkeys up close and personal at the Monkey Jungle.
34. Dance on the tables with a night out at Mango’s.
35. Do an underwater cycle class at Element Aqua.
36. Bask on the most secluded beach at Matheson Hammock Park.
37. Eat at Versailles, aka the “most famous Cuban restaurant in the world.”
38. Walk around the pretty cloisters at the St Bernard de Clairvaux Episcopal Church.
39. See the graffiti at the abandoned Miami Marine Stadium on the waterfront.
40. Brunch at super affordable The Jim and Neesie.
41. Satisfy your inner geek at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science.
42. Fall into a sugar coma at the Sugar Factory.
43. Take a glass-bottom boat tour at the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
44. Party at LIV Miami.
45. Go snorkelling around a shipwreck at Biscayne Bay.
46. Grab a milkshake at the most impressive fruit market, Robert is Here.
47. Be a ninja warrior for the day at Planet Air Sports.
48. See FDR’s old railcar at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum.
49. Swim with dolphins at The Miami Seaquarium.
50. Get sneaky and try to access one of the many swanky hotel pools.
51. Save your pennies for a cocktail at the Eclipse rooftop bar where you’ll find the best views of the city.
52. Queue for the area’s favourite cinnamon roll at Knaus Berry Farm.