I wanted to put together a 50-question festival quiz. If, like me, you’ve been joining a lot of quizzes over the last few weeks, and not knowing any of the answers, then this could be the quiz for you.
Whether you go to every festival you can, or you’ve marked up a few, and just remember the good times. Festival fans have got it rough this year, there aren’t many festivals still happening in 2020.
Let’s keep our love for festivals alive though, with this festival quiz. Get your team together and make it a festival night. I mean, we’ve got a long summer ahead!
There are five rounds to this festival quiz:
Share your scores at the bottom of the post! Good luck. Promise yourself a festival ticket if you get 50/50 – for 2021 though.
The BIG Festival Quiz
Watch the festival quiz video here!
Just click play on the video, and I’ll be your quiz host. Pause and play as you please!
1. Festival quiz questions – Music festival general knowledge
1. Which festival took place in New York, in August 1969?
2. How much was Glastonbury for the first year?
3. What’s the name of the biggest rock festival in the world?
4. T in the Park was almost cancelled in 2015, why?
5. Which festival was located on the set of The Prisoner?
6. Name the Australian festival: ‘Splendour in the _______’
7. Up until last year what was strange about Parque el Colombia festival, in Colombia?
8. What did Dave Grohl do on stage in Sweden, which prevented him being on stage at Glastonbury in 2015?
9. Which was the first music festival in the UK?
10. Which country is Fuji Rock in?
2. Festival quiz – World festival general knowledge
11. Holi is also known as what?
12. Up Helly Aa is a festival that features fire and ….
13. What do they roll at the Gloucester Rolling Festival?
14. Dia de la Muertos celebrates what?
15. What do participants bring to the Songkran Festival in Thailand?
16. Which country is Harbin Snow and Ice Festival held in?
17. Which religion celebrates Diwali?
18. Where are the Wife-Carrying World Championships held every year in Europe?
19. In which country is jumping over babies the whole purpose of a festival?
20. What colour do they wear in the Netherlands to celebrate Kings Day?
3. Picture round festival quiz – Name the Festival
4. True or false festival questions
30. There’s a festival in Japan based around making babies cry?
31. SXSW Festival in Austin costs over £1000 to attend?
32. There’s a techno festival held on the Great Wall of China?
33. There’s a banana mashing festival on St Lucia?
34. There’s a festival where attendees mud wrestle in Boryeong in South Korea?
35. There’s a festival in Japan where they celebrate penises?
36. In Australia there’s an annual Kangaroo racing festival?
37. There’s a festival for children in Norway, no adults allowed?
38. There’s a festival in Austria where naughty kids get given coal?
39. There’s a hair freezing festival in the Yukon, in Canada?
40. There’s a toe wrestling championship in England?
5. Festival quiz numbers round
41. How many music festivals happen in England every year, to the nearest 00?
42. How many people went to Glastonbury in 2019?
43. How many people attended the Kumbh Mela in 2019?
44. How much is the festival industry worth?
45. How many different festivals has VickyFlipFlop been to?
46. How many days does the Chinese New Year Festival traditionally last?
47. How many tonnes of oranges are used in the Battle of the Oranges in Ivrea, Italy?
48. How many people attended festivals in the UK in 2018?
49. How quickly did Glastonbury 2020 sell out?
50. How many toilets are recommended for a day festival for 10,000 guests?