Welcome to the BIG World Food Quiz Questions game!
Looks like we’ve become a nation of quiz obsessives, so I thought why not combine it with our other two great loves – food and travel – and come up with the World Food Trivia Quiz. Read on and you’ll find 50 food quiz questions and answers about food all around the world.
Do you know your lamington from your pavlova? And your marinara from your carbonara?
Well, these are the food questions for you. If you fancy yourself as a bit of a foodie aficionado, then gather your friends for a bit of friendly competition and work your way through this food trivia. Or, just have a go at the food quiz questions by yourself and let me know how you get on in the comments below.
There are five rounds to this food and drink quiz, with a bonus boozey one at the end.
So, let’s crack on shall we?
Food Quiz Questions
This food and drink quiz has four rounds of food and drink questions, a picture round, and a points stealer questions at the end.
1. General knowledge food questions
How well do you know your food trivia?
1. Which is the most stolen food in the world?
2. Which food considered a delicacy today, was once a working class food?
3. Complete the sentence, the world’s oldest person said, ‘the secret to a long life is sleep and _____?
4. Where is saganaki from?
5. Name five ingredients of a profiterole?
6. Which country is Kaiserschmaarn from?
7. What are churros traditionally served with?
8. What is a farfalle?
9. Which religion is Challah bread associated with?
10 What is nori?
2. Food quiz: how many?
If you’re doing this food trivia quiz by yourself, then if you’re within 10% you get a point. If you’re playing with friends, then whoever’s closest takes it!
1. How many burgers does McDonald’s sell every second? (usually)
2. How many drinks combinations are there at Starbucks?
3. How many years of sushi chef training does it take to be trusted to make the rice?
4. How many cups of tea are drunk in the UK every day?
5. How many ml make up a single shot in a UK bar?
6. How many kernels will you find on an average ear of corn? 400, 600 or 800?
7. How many segments are inside most oranges?
8. How many pairs of chopsticks are used in China a year?
9. How many bottles of champagne are there in a magnum?
10. How many teaspoons of nutmeg could potentially kill you?
Love a quiz session?
Check out my BIG Festival Quiz for more quiz fun!
3. Food questions: True or false?
Which of these food quiz questions statements are true?
1. McDonalds burgers don’t rot?
2. 1/2 of the world’s hazelnuts are used for Nutella?
3. Honey is made up of bee vomit?
4. Limes float, lemons sink?
5. Babaganoush is made from aubergine?
6. Waldorf salad must have 10 walnuts to be a true Waldorf salad?
7. One of the key ingredients of Skittles is beetles?
8. Coca Cola used to be made of cocaine?
9. Buffalo wings are made from the wings of a buffalo?
10. Traditionally, before snails are served in France, their teeth are removed?
4. Food quiz questions picture round
Can you identify the following world foods from their picture?
5. What am I?
From the descriptions, can you name the world food?
1. Found in the USA, firm browned crust and a soft, crumbly interior. Made with baking powder or soda rather than yeast?
2. Middle Eastern eggs baked into tomatoes for breakfast?
3. South American raw fish marinated in citrus juice?
4. American clam soup with a base of cream?
5. American grilled sandwich composed of corned beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut?
6. Indian bread cooked in a Tandoor and yeast leavened?
7. Vietnamese sandwich with pork, veg and liver pate?
8. American Graham crackers with chocolate and marshmallow?
9. Korean clay pot bowl with rice, egg and veg?
10. Caribbean sea escargot?
Big food and drink quiz question number 50
You have 60 seconds, set a timer for after you’ve read the question…
How many cocktails can you name with rum in?
You can either have a point for at least five, or a point for every one you get, up to you!
And that’s the end of the food and drink quiz!
Answers to the food and drink quiz
Food quiz questions
I hope you’ve enjoyed these food quiz questions and answers. I have actually designed an English food quiz over on my other blog DayOutinEngland.com. If you think your food trivia is more English than world food, then give that a go.
I love trying different foods from around the world – and writing about them too. If you want to know more about the best food in Japan, my favourite foodie experiences in New Orleans or even the best food in Italy’s Cinque Terre, then just click through.
Writing this food and drink quiz has made me very hungry so I’m off to order a Bahn Mi from the local Vietnamese. Gawd food is the best, hey?
Need more food quiz questions?
Check out this food trivia emoji round from Jenny Ridgwell.
More on food around the world
The Food in Cuba: Tasted Great to Me!
Food in Greece You Need to Try
Weird Food Festivals Around the World